For: The course is open to workers or volunteers from all sectors who work closely with young people in any setting. It is anticipated that all participants will deliver SHARE sessions with young people in schools, education units or educational youth work settings. Materials may be adapted for one-to-one or small group educational sessions.
Participants will have the opportunity to
- increase knowledge, skills and confidence in the delivery of SHARE
- develop an understanding of the values and evidence base for SHARE
- develop an understanding of their own values and attitudes to sexual health and parenthood education
- increase awareness and sensitivity to sexual health issues for young people including vulnerable young people
- develop a clear understanding of the contribution SHARE can make towards Curriculum for Excellence
Dates: 11th & 12th November 2014 (can register from May 2014)
Booking: via www.nhslothianhpstraining.com and select the children and young people category. If you do not have access to the internet please call 0131 537 9399.